5. For how long will the Bank maintain your personal data?
The Bank will keep personal data for the time necessary for the fulfillment of their processing purpose, otherwise for the time required by the relevant legal and/or regulatory framework (Law on the Prevention of Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism etc.) or the time necessary for the exercise of claims or defense of rights and legitimate interests. More precisely and indicatively:
6. What are your rights regarding the protection of your personal data?
- In case you enter a contract with the Bank, your personal data will be stored for as long as the contract stands.
- n case data processing is imposed by law, personal data will be stored for the period provided by the relevant legal or regulatory provisions and in any case for the time necessary for the exercise of claims or defense of rights and legitimate interests (e.g. at least 10 years from the date of the end of business relationship, performed transaction, or access to the safe deposit box, in accordance with the Law on the Prevention of Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism).
- Data and documentation may be stored for longer than certain periods, for the purposes of conducting judicial, extrajudicial, administrative and other proceedings before state authorities, arbitrations and third parties, regardless of whether the proceedings were initiated by you, the Bank or third parties, and to protect the legitimate interest of the Bank or third parties.
You have the following rights:
- To demand to know the purposes for which we process your personal data, the categories of the data that we store and process, where they come from, the categories of their recipients (especially the recipients in third countries or international organizations), the period of storage as well as your relevant rights (right of access).
- To demand the rectification or/and amendment to your data completed so that they are complete and accurate (right to rectification) by providing any necessary document justifying the need for rectification.
- To ask for a restriction of the processing of your personal data (right to restriction of processing).
- To object to any further processing of your stored personal data (right to object).
- To obtain the erasure of your personal data from the records we keep (right to erasure).
- To ask for the transfer of your data kept by the Bank to any other controller (right to data portability).
- n case of solely automated individual decision making, including profiling which produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affecting you in a similar way, the Bank implements suitable measures and safeguards for the protection of your rights, freedom and legitimate interests and offers you meaningful intervention carried out by humans, the right to express your opinion and ask for a justification οf the decision based within this framework as well as the right to contest such a decision. These rights can be exercised within a limit of 30 days from the day such decision was made known.
- To withdraw your consent at any time. The legality of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal remains unaffected.
- Right to complain to the Commissioner: In case you consider that your rights are in any way violated, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Commissioner for Information of Public Importance and Personal Data Protection. The address of the Commissioner is: Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra 15, 11000 Beograd, tel: +381 11 3408 900.
7. How can you exercise your rights?For the exercise of your rights you may contact in writing the Clients Relations Department, Vuka Karadžića Street 10, Beograd or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Bank shall use its best endeavors to address your request within 30 days of its receipt. The abovementioned period may be prolonged for 60 more days, if deemed necessary, at the Bank’s absolute discretion taking into consideration the complexity and the number of the requests. The Bank shall inform you within 30 days of the request’s receipt in any case of prolongation of the abovementioned period. The abovementioned service is provided by the Bank free of charge. However, in case the requests manifestly lack foundation and/or are excessive and repeated, the Bank may, after informing the client, impose a reasonable fee or refuse to address your requests.
8. Data Protection OfficerYou may contact the Data Protection Officer for any matter regarding the processing of your personal data at the address Ulica Vuka Karadžića 10, Beograd or by sending an email to email@example.com.
9. How does the Bank protect your personal data?In accordance with the nature, extent, circumstances and purpose of the processing, as well as the probability of occurrence of risks and the level of risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals, the Bank implements protection measures in order to achieve an appropriate level of security in relation to the risks. We implement appropriate organizational, technical and staff-related measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data, and their protection from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and any other form of unlawful processing.Access to personal data in the Bank is protected by a series of measures that include physical protection and technical protection systems. Banking applications and databases are protected by adequate protection systems to guarantee confidentiality, integrity and availability. Access to data is allowed only to authorized users.Access to data is allowed only to authorized users, processes or programs, with authentication and authorization. Each employee who accesses banking applications has his own username and password. In case of data transfer abroad or in case the Bank engages sub-processors, the protection measures prescribed by law are applied in order to achieve an adequate level of data protection.
10. Amendments of this InformationThe Bank may amend the present Information. In such case the Bank will notify you accordingly via posting on its website.